Saturday 6 April 2013

No Training - Easter Hol.

Got a lot of lunchtime training in with Luke Brown on Tuesday and Wednesday (26th 27th) and had a visit from my good old training buddy, Marcus Hedley, on Thursday and got loads of technical training and a ton of rolling that lunchtime too. It was looking like being a nice packed week of training. Unfortunately I was on call for work and got called out just before Thursday night's lesson. Massive bummer.

So I missed the Thursday night class and I've been off for Easter week with the wife and kids so I've not had any training at all this week.

I have however, been watching some pretty cool vids and reading up on some stuff that I'm dying to try. I also want to carry on trying to improve my Berimbolo sweep which I've been working on with both Luke and Marcus last week. I previously felt that this was just an overly flashy technique with minimum practical use but if mastered it becomes a valuable weapon in your guard game. Coupled with a strong De La Riva guard this could really open up some great options for me from open guard. I just have to work on the strong De La Riva guard bit.  This is stuff I will be trying next week during my lunchtime training and maybe in class. 

I look forward to getting back. I've had a great week off. Now all I want to do is redouble my efforts in training.

¬m/


No comments: