Monday 12 September 2011

Leo Vieira Seminar

I am very, very excited. This Saturday, at Trojan Free Fighters, Cheltenham, Leo Vieira will be doing a Bjj gi and no gi seminar, just ONE week before he competes at the ADCC in Nottingham (of which I am also attending).


For those of you who don't know Leo is a multi time World Bjj Champion and 2 x ADCC Champion. The guy is for all intents and purposes a legend. And he's coming to Cheltenham. Not only that but he's bringing with him, his brother, 6 x World Bjj champion, Ricardo Vieira, and a number of additional Checkmat Black Belts.

To make things even better my current tuesday night instructor, black belt, Chico Mendes (I haven't got that far in the story yet) will be doing his first grading in this country and I could be up for my Blue Belt. I have waited a while for this and feel ready but the decision is ultimately up to Chico. There have also been some nasty rumours floating around that he will only be giving out 1 blue belt per club (he teaches at 4 clubs) and students will have to fight for it. If this is the case, I feel ready for that too. I have been training hard both on the mats and in the gym and although not 100% confident of success, I'd say I'm a least 80% there.

Regardless of the outcome though I will definitely be looking forward to meeting and learning from two greats in the BJJ world.

And in case you're wondering what all the fuss is about, check out the slick moves in this sparring video of Leo v Ricardo. 


 


Oh and I need to add this for the lovely guys at http://technorati.com ARWKYWKJH2RU


Cheers guys.   

9 comments:

slideyfoot said...

Cool - always fun to train with a legend. Didn't realise you were near me in Cheltenham: I'm over in Bristol. Good luck going for that blue belt.

Oh, and your feed is currently coming through to my Google Reader as just the title. Any chance you could fiddle with the settings so that the full feed comes through? :)

The Martinator said...

Hi mate,

I've been playing about with my feed burner but am unsure if I've actually done anything. I've checked my feed with google reader and it seems to show the body of the blogs that I have not read yet. I am unsure as to whether this is what you meant and I've flukely managed to fix it or if it is something more and it is still not working for you. Do you have any advice on this as I'm totally new to this?

Cheers
Mart \m/

slideyfoot said...

At the mo, it looks like part of the full post is coming through, but it appears to be truncated.

Try going to your Blogger Dashboard > Settings > Site Feed, and select 'Full' from the 'Blog Posts Feed' drop down menu, and 'Full' in all the others.

Or at least, that's what you do in the old interface: I haven't played around much with the new one. :)

The Martinator said...

Thanks man. I've followed your instructions. Hope that has worked.

\m/

slideyfoot said...

Sort of, but the feed is still truncated, so just the first four lines of each post come through in my Reader. Which is weird. If you've already set everything to 'Full' in the 'Site Feed' bit of your blogger dashboard (which is how I've set up mine), not sure what's going on there. :(

The Martinator said...

Right, I've just set all options to full in advanced mode on the site feed. Please tell me that has worked. I really haven't got a clue otherwise and I've read a lot of disparaging articles on how people hate blog feeds with truncated text :o(

When I look at Google reader on my own blog feed it has the full body there.

slideyfoot said...

Hooray! Yep, that did it. :D

The Martinator said...

Thanks for your help with that dude.

Regarding your earlier post, I actually live in Weston Super Mare. I train in Weston on Thursdays and Bristol on Tuesdays (except when I'm on call like today :o( ). The only reason I'm going to Cheltenham is cause that's where Leo Vieira is conducting his seminar.

I see you train up with Geeza at Gracie Barra Bristol. Geeza is an old friend of my instructor Ian. I met him briefly at the Welsh Open in between bouts of telling a ref off.

Is your club subscription only or do you allow single lesson drop ins?

slideyfoot said...

Yeah, Geeza has mentioned Ian: they both used to train under Carlos Lemos at the original Gracie Barra Bristol, IIRC. There are often people dropping in to GB Bristol, so I assume it is allowed.

However, I don't deal with the financial side, I just teach. ;)