Wednesday 13 June 2012

2 Man Training 12/6/12



It was back to just two of us for mine and Marcus' Tuesday No Gi session. And as I was a bit lax with the pre-planning for this one, it was Marcus who stepped up with some techniques. And he really did have Disco fever. I am unsure if this is all the moves we drilled, in fact I'm pretty sure there were more, but as I didn't write anything down at the time I've completely forgotten some of the stuff.


First up was the Tornado Guard Triangle. As there is a perfectly good video of this technique laid out to the internet masses just over half a year ago by the Bjj Weekly crew, featuring the creator of the Tornado Guard, Roberto 'Cyborg' Abreu, I will just put that up here and anyone reading this can watch it. It's nowhere near as hard as it looks (in practice).



Same again for the next  technique. We did the Tornado Guard Sweep to Kimura, same source, same master. Great move, a little bit harder to pull off though.




For the next move of the day we tried the Half Guard to Toe Hold at 1:50 of Jason Scully's Half Guard bottom vid. I didn't really bother with this yesterday as I don't really train leg locks in Gi as you can't use them in competition until Brown Belt anyway (and that's a loooooooong way off for me). But in No Gi it's like open season. Try it out yourself. You'll love it.




The last move I remember was an escape from Kuzure Kesa Gatame (Scarf Hold) bottom flip to Darce Choke. It took a couple of tries to get the manoeuvre right but when you do it feels really sweet. And of the super disco moves we worked today I'd say this would be the easiest to attain (I wouldn't put the Toe Hold from Half on the disco list just so ya know). If fact it might be worth subjecting myself to a bit of Scarf hold situational just to try it out sometime.



We rolled shit loads after that. Probably rather unwisely too, as we both went training in the evening too. I was aching and blowing out my ass after this one though and I'm fairly sure we managed to clock up 35 minutes of rolling in total for that sesh. At least my cardio's getting a good run out.


I'll try and finish off the write up to Chico's lesson tomorrow night or something. S'laters \m/

No comments: